Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library of Congress Classification
Page Library uses the Library of Congress (LC) classification system to organize books by specific subjects. The Library of Congress system uses letters and numbers to do this.
To browse the library's holdings for materials on Education related subjects search the L section in the General Stacks area (downstairs). For a specific Secondary Education topic, search for materials in the LB subsection . Ask a librarian for assistance.
The following is a list of general subjects in the Education section "L":
Class L - Education
- Subclass L - Education (General)
- Subclass LA - History of education
- Subclass LB - Theory and practice of education
- Subclass LC - Special aspects of education
- Subclass LD - Individual institutions - United States
- Subclass LE - Individual institutions - America (except United States)
- Subclass LF - Individual institutions - Europe
- Subclass LG - Individual institutions - Asia, Africa, Indian Ocean islands, Australia, New Zealand, Pacific islands
- Subclass LH - College and school magazines and papers
- Subclass LJ - Student fraternities and societies, United States
Click on the blue tabs above to find information on how to find articles and books on Secondary Education. There is also a citation tab to assist with creating citations. Remember, if you need any assistance, please let us know. We are all here to aid the learning process!