Where can I find the survey?
Thank you for participating in the Lib-Qual. The survey has now been closed. Look for updates!
What is Lib-Qual
LibQUAL+® is a suite of services that libraries use to solicit, track, understand, and act upon users' opinions of service quality. These services are offered to the library community by the Association of Research Libraries (ARL). The program's centerpiece is a rigorously tested Web-based survey bundled with training that helps libraries assess and improve library services, change organizational culture, and market the library. The goals of LibQUAL+® are to:
- Foster a culture of excellence in providing library service
- Help libraries better understand user perceptions of library service quality
- Collect and interpret library user feedback systematically over time
- Provide libraries with comparable assessment information from peer institutions
- Identify best practices in library service
- Enhance library staff members' analytical skills for interpreting and acting on data
More than 1,000 libraries have participated in LibQUAL+®, including colleges and university libraries, community college libraries, health sciences libraries, academic law libraries, and public libraries -- some through various consortia, others as independent participants.
Check out LibQUAL's home page for more information: http://www.libqual.org/home
Why is Lincoln University's Page Library using this survey?
Library administrators have successfully used LibQUAL+® survey data to identify best practices, analyze deficits, and effectively allocate resources. Benefits to participating institutions include:
- Institutional data and reports that enable Page Library to assess whether library services are meeting user expectations
- Aggregate data and reports that allow Page Library to compare the library's performance with that of peer institutions
- Workshops designed specifically for LibQUAL+® participants
- Access to an online library of LibQUAL+® research articles
- The opportunity to become part of a community interested in developing excellence in library services
In addition, LibQUAL+® gives our library users a chance to tell us where our services need improvement so we can respond to and better manage their expectations. We can then develop services that better meet our users' expectations by comparing our library's data with that of peer institutions and examining the practices of those libraries that are evaluated highly by their users.